There couldn’t be a more incredible place to live!
And to all of you visitors out there—What an incredible place to visit!
Random, sure. True? Absolutely!
Here are thirty-seven great reasons why I like to live in the Smokies:
- I need to live in the Mountains. I have temporarily lived other places and I miss them!
- There is a really good Japanese Restaurant right at the beginning of The Parkway in Sevierville—watch for the sales!
- It’s safe—I have left my car window down before, dropped my wallet, left a credit card at the dry cleaners and no problems from any…
- The people at the dry cleaners know my name.
- My church is here.
- My family is here.
- My friends are here.
- I have really good cell service.
- It’s convenient to travel—I can fly out of Knoxville to any place around the country.
- Good schools.
- Good police.
- Honest people.
- Honest Mechanic—that’s hard to find too!
- Dollywood is so much fun and they are always adding something to make it even better!
- Your family and friends come in from out of town and end up taking you to dinner.
- There are some really good yard sales.
- There are two really big flea markets.
- There are a slew of really good resale shops.
- Clint’s Restaurant.
- People respect God.
- The leaves in the fall.
- Ribs at Tony Gore’s Restaurant.
- I host a television show in Knoxville and it’s not too far from me.
- Old Navy Outlet.
- Ogle’s Furniture Outlet—great selection.
- The Summer.
- The Fall.
- The Winter.
- The Spring…we get them all and they are all good!
- I like the song “Rocky Top.”
- Sitting on the porch with my wife and kids.
- Getting a push up from the ice cream truck when he finally comes to your neighborhood.
- The Pottery House Café.
- Good movie theater.
- History…The Trail of Tears, The Civil War, The National Park.
- We are the Honeymoon Capitol of the Eastern United States.
- Lots of places to sing (that is what I do, so that is important!)
I sure hope this inspires you to come and see why people love to visit us and call us home!