We’ve been doing lots of Gatlinburg reading lately and thought it would be good idea to share the best of what we’ve found when it comes to Gatlinburg, TN. Be sure to check out some of these great Gatlinburg articles, website, and travel links we’ve found this week. All come highly recommended!
- Free Music at Gatlinburg Songwriters Fest – Nice coverage from CabinConnection.com on the Smoky Mountains Songwriters Festival, held Thursday, August 23rd through Saturday, August 25th throughout downtown Gatlinburg. This is the first year for this event and it will most definitely be well-received by visitors and locals alike.
- The 8th Annual Gatlinburg Fine Arts Festival – Labor Day Weekend 2012 in Gatlinburg will be celebrated with fine art and great local music. Should be a great time.
- Free Things To Do in The Gatlinburg Area – A nice list of free thing to do in and around Gatlinburg, TN. Leans heavily towards nature and outdoor activities…after all, there are so many truly incredibly things to do in the beautiful Smoky Mountains surrounding Gatlinburg, so it just makes sense to invest a good portion of your vacation time experiencing the best nature has to offer. Be sure to check out the section here on Greenbrier…nice tips here.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Restaurant In The Works for Gatlinburg – Gatlinburg has lots of great dining establishments, both local and of the chain variety. Getting a Margaritaville in Gatlinburg will definitely be a popular addition.
- Learning To Bear It – Insightful blog article on bears–and the differences between how black bears (like the bears in the Smokies) and Grizzly bears react in situations where they perceive a threat. Also some advice on how to respect the bears by not doing downright stupid things.