The sky is giving way from midnight blues to shades of pink and and orange. A red-orange globe peaks over the mountains flooding the landscape is with heavenly sunlight. A foggy mist and the scent of moist earth hang in the air as dewdrops pool at your feet. In the trees a feathered chorus sings a happy tune welcoming the new day. It’s sunrise in the Smokies, what are you up to?
- Are you cycling down Foothills Parkway, stopping at an overlook to watch the valley become awash in golden light?
- Are you and your steed forging across a swollen creek as you traverse the backcountry mountain trails?
- Are you performing sun salutations from the 15th story balcony of The Park Vista Hotel?
- Are you casting a line in a knee deep fishing hole hoping to catch trout for dinner?
- Are you waking up to the sounds of nature right outside your Smoky Mountain Chalet cabin window?
- Are you just getting back to your hotel after spending the whole night stargazing?
- Are you watching the sunrise from the summit of Thunderhead Mountain?
- Are you and your children preparing for a full day of riding coasters at Dollywood?
- Are you and your mate snuggled up close in the honeymoon suite at Clarion Inn and Suites?
No? Well, what are you waiting for? Buy your tickets, pack your bags, and head on down to Gatlinburg Tennessee, the Gateway to the Smokies!