If you enjoy live entertainment, then you won’t want to miss the parade of shows waiting for you in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. For a vacation filled with comedy, drama, music, and magic come visit Pigeon Forge, Tennessee–right next door to Gatlinburg. There’s an act to suit every taste!
- At The Comedy Barn Theater families can gather for an award winning variety show complete with comedians, magicians, fire-eaters jugglers, and live animals! Located at 2775 Parkway in Pigeon Forge the Comedy Barn is hard to miss–it really is shaped like a barn. With matinees and evening presentations it’s easy to make time for this family-friendly show.
- Magic Beyond Belief boasts mind boggling illusions you simply have to see to believe. In a mystical two hour presentation magician Terry Evanswood performs alongside a cast of beautiful assistants and larger than life felines. Located at 2135 Parkway, the Magic Beyond Belief theater is also home to a magic shop where patrons can purchase magic tricks and other novelties as souvenirs.
- For live country music, visit the Country Tonite Theater. This award winning show, located at 129 Showplace Blvd, has been voted Show of the Year seven years running–and the hits just keep on coming. In addition to the usual comedy, music, dancing and patriotism, there are celebrity concerts held throughout the year; check the Country Tonite website for rates and dates.
- The Miracle Theater has dramatic productions of the inspirational variety. Their musical recreation of the life of Christ includes singing, dancing, flying angels, and real life camels. They also host Exalt Christian Concerts and (coming soon) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. For an even more spectacular experience, why not purchase one of their backstage passes?
- Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede is a romping, stomping fast paced dinner show filled with galloping steeds and trick riders. The brain child of world-renowned entertainer Dolly Parton, the Stampede never fails to please. Arrive an hour early at 3849 Parkway to enjoy a stroll through the stables and a 50 minute pre-show.
This is just a sampling of all the thrilling attractions you can find here in the Smokies. You won’t want to miss any of the amazing productions hosted by Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Better still, as the weather turns colder, the fun heats up as the entertainers put on special holiday extravaganzas. Can’t wait to see you there!